10 Fun Sleep Facts
1. An average human will spend a third of their life sleeping.
2. Sleeping directly after learning something new will improve your ability to remember it effectively.
3. New parents lose around 6 months worth of sleep in the first 2 years of their child’s life.
4. Sleeping less than 7 hours every night reduces your life expectancy.
5. Most people can survive for up to 2 months without eating but only 11 days without sleeping.
6. Studies have found people sleep better during the new moon and worse during a full moon.
7. Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.
8. Insomnia is almost twice as common in women as it is in men.
9. If it takes you less than 5 minutes to fall asleep then you are likely to be sleep deprived. The ideal time it should take is 10 minutes.
10. 50% of a dream is forgotten within 5 minutes of waking, 90% is forgotton within 10 minutes.