Sleep is vital for good health and wellbeing. It is essential that you get enough sleep as it can help to protect your physical and mental health as well as enhancing your general quality of life. It is important to understand the negative consequences lack of sleep can cause. Many believe exercise and nutrition are essential for optimal health and happiness, however many do not realize that sleep is just as important if not more important.
- An average human will spend a third of their life sleeping.
- Sleeping directly after learning something new will improve your ability to remember it effectively.
- New parents lose around 6 months worth of sleep in the first 2 years of their child’s life.
- Sleeping less than 7 hours every night reduces your life expectancy.
- Most people can survive for up to 2 months without eating but only 11 days without sleeping.
- Studies have found people sleep better during the new moon and worse during a full moon.
- Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.
- Insomnia is almost twice as common in women as it is in men.
- If it takes you less than 5 minutes to fall asleep then you are likely to be sleep deprived.
The ideal time it should take is 10 minutes.
- 50% of a dream is forgotten within 5 minutes of waking, 90% is forgotton within 10 minutes.